Tuesday, February 19, 2013

What is Your Moisturizing Routine?

Lets share: What products are you currently using as part of your "moisturizing" routine?
I was so happy to come home to my delivery of Shea Moisture products! There has really been an emergence of "commercialized" hair products on the more natural side of the spectrum for African American hair in recent years. I use many of them for different reasons. At the moment, we are using the Shea Moisture line for general maintenance (explanation below), but I do use Miss Jessie's for braids and Carol's Daughter Loc Butter for twists, among others. I've used Shea Moisture in the past and we are currently using it now. We are using Shea Moisture for the moment for two reasons.  One, it is free of sulfates, parabens, mineral oil, propylene glycol, paba, paraffin, phthalates, and synthetic color and fragrance.  Two, since our arrival to France Lady Grace's hair has become super dry.  Perhaps something to do with the water.   Her hair is still in good health by I feel that her ends have suffered a bit. Therefore I've been looking for products that's can give and help her hair retain moisture and nourishment. I'm hoping that Shea Moisture will help do the trick!  I absolutely love these products, especially the shampoo.  I don't deep condition every week since one would run the risk of over conditioning - maybe every few weeks.  But I have been spraying water and applying a bit of curly pudding or several sprays of the reconstructive elixir oil every few days in an effort to keep the hair moisturized, especially the ends.

Shampoo
Shea Moisture's Coconut & Hibiscus OR
Shea Moisture's Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention

Conditioner
Shea Moisture's Yucca & Baobab Volumizing
Shea Moisture's Deep Treatment Masque

Leave In Moisturizer
Shea Moisture's Curl & Styling Milk

Moisturizer for Styling/Braiding
Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding
Shea Moisture's Shea Butter Reconstructive Elixir
Note: I used to use mineral and petrolatum based products but everything I've read suggests that those types of product aren't necessarily good for our hair...but that can be the subject of another entry.


Shea Moisture Products That We are Currently Using

No comments:

Post a Comment