Sunday, February 17, 2013

Old-School Box Braids


This is a style that I sometimes wore as a little girl. I like this style for it's simplicity.  Additionally, it is a bit different than the cornrows that Lady Grace typically wears, so I feel like it  gives the "stress points" a chance to relax.  What I don't like about this style is that because the boxes are fairly large, the style tends to get "fuzzy" much faster.  That said, the larger sections are conducive to "touching up" fairly quickly during the week.  I'm thinking that there may be a way that I can pin the braids to give a different look as the week progresses...we'll see.  I'll post again if I come up with something creative!


Finished Product - Demonstrating the concept of
"shrinkage" to my husband
Finished Product
Front View

To achieve this look I made all of my
 parts and sections before beginning



No comments:

Post a Comment