Saturday, February 9, 2013

Two-Strand Twists & Diagonal Cornrows

After a day of running errands, it was Lady Grace's turn to get her hair fixed!  After a washing and deep conditioning, I decided on a double strand twist style. I used Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding for each twist and finished the style off with a few spritzes of Shea Moisture's Reconstructive Elixir Spray on the scalp. I'd actually intended to give her double strand twists throughout.  However, as I reached the top (and dinner time approached), Lady Grace became a bit irritable and unwilling to continue sitting.  So, I decided to create diagonal cornrows from the crown of her head to her forehead so that I could finish up faster.  To create this style, I sectioned and clipped the wet hair into six sections, and twisted the hair section-by-section.  If a section became a bit dry, a few spritzes of water "revitalized" the hair to it's twist-ready state.  Also, I took care to run the Curly Pudding down the hair shaft from root to end, ensuring even application and twisting all the way to the ends.  I like the results!  What I love about two-strand twists is the style diversity.  For example, the twists can just hang naturally or can be manipulated into ponytails or even held back with a headband or clips.  I am trying a new method of maintaining the twists at night (to avoid the fuzzies), and if successful will post the process.

Two-Strand Twists With Diagonal Front Cornrows

No comments:

Post a Comment